CrashPlanPROe Installation for Windows
*Before following the below instructions, please consult SSCF to create an account
1. To access CrashPlan Pro, visit the CrashPlan Pro server at https://duplex.ucsd.edu/login/
2. Sign in using the Active Directory (AD) username and password. (This is also your email username and password)Note: As this is case sensitive, please omit @ucsd.edu for the username.
3. On the below screen, select the Operating System you are currently using.Note: If you are a Windows User, please follow step 4, if not follow step 5
4. If you are using a Microsoft Windows computer, you must select either Windows 32 or Windows 64 on the screen. To find out which system type you have, please press the Windows key and the Pause/Break key together on the keyboard.
When pressed together, System Properties screen will appear. Here, determine the system type you are using. Then, click on the corresponding system type on CrashPlan Pro
5. After selecting the Operating System, you will be prompted to save the CrashPlan Pro file. Simply, press save on the following screen.
6. Open the saved file and run the installer.
8. Once the Set Up Wizard has finished installing press Finish and CrashPlan Pro will automatically load. (If it does not load automatically, go to Start Menu and find it there)
9. On the following screen, choose Existing Account:
Username: AD Username
Password: AD Password
PROe Server Address: duplex.ucsd.edu:4282
The default is your home folder. Once you verify the directories to backup, choose “Start Backup” to start.
1. Follow the above steps to install and configure CrashPlan Pro and open CrashPlan PRO
2. To Restore Data, Click on the Restore tab on the left pane and select which folders to restore
3. Next, press Restore. This is automatically downloads the restores files to the Desktop
4. To select an older version of a backup (instead of the most recent), please click on the highlighted blue text “most recent” and pick the date you want (Optional)
5. To change the location of where the backup will be store, please click on the highlighted blue text “Desktop” to specify the location. (Optional)
6. To rename the folder that will be restored, please click on the highlighted blue text “rename” to specify a new name (Optional)