CrashPlanPROe Installation for Mac
*Before following the below instructions, please consult SSCF to create an account
1. To access CrashPlan Pro, visit the CrashPlan Pro server at https://duplex.ucsd.edu/login/
2. Sign in using the Active Directory (AD) username and password. (This is also your email username and password) Note: As this is case sensitive, please omit @ucsd.edu for the username
3. On the screen above, select Mac OSX. If the above screen does not appear, choose “App Downloads” on the left sidebar.
4. After choosing the Mac OS X symbol, the file CrashPlanPROe_Mac.dmg will start downloading. Otherwise, choose “Mac OS X – 5.4.0” in the App Downloads section.
5. Double click on the CrashPlanPROe.dmg file once it has finished downloading.
6. Double clicking on the CrashPlanPROe.dmg file will create CrashPlanPROe download file
7. Double click on the new file to open the following window
8. Double click on Install CrashPlanPROe icon in the middle
9. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen
10. Once the installation is finished, CrashPlanPROe should automatically load with the below screen.(NOTE: If CrashPlanPROe does not work and gives the error “Unable to connect to the backup engine”, please refer to the below link: https://helpdesk.crashplan.com/entries/22199717-CrashPlan-PROe-Client-does-not-start-under-Java-1-7-on-OS-X
11. On the following screen, choose Existing Account:
a. Username: AD Username
b. Password: AD Password
c. PROe Server Address: duplex.ucsd.edu:4282
To backup, select which folders to back up by pressing the Change button. The default is your home folder. Once you verify the directories to backup, choose “Start Backup” to start.
1. Follow the above steps to install and configure CrashPlan Pro and open CrashPlan PRO
2. To Restore Data, Click on the Restore tab on the left pane and select which folders to restore
3. Next, press Restore. This is automatically downloads the restores files to the Desktop
4. To select an older version of a backup (instead of the most recent), please click on the highlighted blue text “most recent” and pick the date you want (Optional)
5. To change the location of where the backup will be store, please click on the highlighted blue text “Desktop” to specify the location. (Optional)
6. To rename the folder that will be restored, please click on the highlighted blue text “rename” to specify a new name (Optional)